ASUS Laptop won't boot, HDD and wifi light constantly flickers

myumew

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

I bought this ASUS laptop only a month ago but it won't boot. I've tried the battery power draining method already multiple times and nothing seems to be working.

Problem: The laptop won't boot, the screen is black (no backlight on), and the HDD light and the wifi light on the side of the laptop is constantly flickering, every second, for as long as the laptop is "on".

Weird thing I've noticed is that when the laptop is NOT connected to a charger and runs purely on its battery, there's a subtle and consistent clicking noise that corresponds to the flickering lights coming from the left side of the laptop.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Start by connecting an external monitor to your laptop. See if you'll get any display from it, if it doesn't show any display move on to the next step.
- Reseat the RAM, take them off from your laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slots.
- Last thing you'll need to do if all these doesn't work is to contact Asus Support for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.