Asus Laptop WON'T CHARGE, WON'T OPEN, THE LED POWER LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING.

athxna

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Hello, I have an ASUS X451M notebook (laptop) and I just bought a charger replacement yesterday since the original charger broke, anyways I haven't used the laptop for almost a year. so I charged it up yesterday night, the power led is indicating it's charging so I powered it on, after successfully logging in on windows (Windows 7) I let it sleep and left it for 30 minutes to charge up. when I decided to check it out the laptop isn't charging. the percentage stays on 0% and the laptop can't recognize my charger. so I unplugged the charger it turns off due to not having enough charge. but when I tried to plug the charger again and charge the laptop, I powered it on. but it seems broken somehow, the power Led light indicator keeps blinking from orange to yellow and the screen turns on and off repeatedly. but I could still access bios somehow, so I tried to change a few things (the date was not updated so I changed it) and I disabled the Power Saving settings. I tried to turn it on again, the Asus Logo showed then after that it blacks out the windows logo comes on, it says Preparing Automatic Repair. but then it turns off then shows the asus logo again and the windows automatic repair. it goes on and on repeatedly (the power led indicator keeps on blinking as well but please be reminded that when I go to BIOS the led power indicator stays on orange) could it be the battery? the charger? (please be reminded that the laptop and the charger has completely different output. the seller said it would work fine, the laptop's output: 19V 1.75A while the charger's output is: 19V 3.42A)

waltherj

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

waltherj

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
I have a ASUS ROG that isn't a year old and the orange battery light just started flashing out of the blue and the battery indicator said plugged in but not charging. I made a number of searches on the web and found one dated 2013 that I decided to try and it worked. Here is what it said to do. Restart your computer and when the ASUS screen comes up press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. I did this and the battery light went out then came back on with a steady orange light and the battery indicator said plugged in and charging. Being a computer tech I checked all the basics and everything tested good so go figure that the above fix worked. :)