Asus laptop won't charge

Candace112

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
I have an ASUS x451ca-vx013h. A few days ago it still charges, I have to open it though because it has ants coming out of it and I need to open it and clean it. First, it detached the wires for the power button, keyboard, and touchpad. It has an internal battery so I detached it also from my laptop. I just removed the upper part, the part with the keyboard and touchpad, because I can't unscrew the other parts of it. When I have finished cleaning, I put the battery back to its place and connect the wires for the power button, keyboard, and touchpad. I've powered it on and everything is still fine. When I just back from school later that evening, I've tried charging it but it won't charge. The led charging light won't turn on. My charger is a bit faulty so I've borrowed the charger of my aunt, because we have the same modeled laptop, but still it won't charge. Now the battery is empty and I've already tried what Trevor advice but to no avail. Is there anyone here who knows how to fix this problem? I really need this laptop for my school works.

Rolltide912

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
If you're using multiple chargers and the battery still isn't charging, your best bet would be to go on Amazon and just get a new battery for the laptop. It's more than likely a dead battery that refuses to hold any sort of charge.

SgtScream

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016

This person stated the laptop charged fine before disassembling it for cleaning. Therefore i'd be inclined to say the battery is fully functional. I would doublecheck the connection to the battery and make sure the ac adapter is plugged in properly. We are not mind readers, and only you know exactly what you did. If you can't figure it out, take it to a local hardware repair shop so they can assemble it properly.