Asus laptop wont start

Aug 7, 2018
My laptop will not start. I have looked through many threads and tried different solutions but had no luck. I am currently in Japan, i bought a japanese power cord for my Asus GL552V and it has been working great when Turned on however, if i turn it off and leave the power cord in, it wont start up again. Before, i left it off with cord out for about an hour and it fixed it but I recently went away for 5 days, forgot to unplug it and tried leaving it off unplugged overnight still didnt fix it. I tried removing battery and holding down power button many times and for long durations. I tried reseating ram, i tried starting without battery, nothing seems to work. Led light for battery is on when cord is plugged in, otherwise nothing. Also, i heard the motherboard might be the issue but i doubt it since its been acting like this before and later working fine. If someone would have any kind of logical reason for this happening, please tell me. I dont want to have to keep it off for like a week or something.

Also, japanese power cord says 125v 7a, swedish one says 2.5 a 250v. Adapter says input 100-240v 2a output 19v 6.32a

Aug 7, 2018
I have an update, it started working if whenever I started it I would also press a few random keys simultaneously. But yesterday, even that didnt work. I pressed the power button and the escape button and it started up to a menu that would let me choose what to boot. It worked fine after that but im a little worried. I mean, only the power button would not work, but pressning the power button with random keys worked every time. What would that mean?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
Haika Laptop Tech Support 3
hyacinth001 Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
TaranWolf Laptop Tech Support 1
memo1402 Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Georgeop799 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
TechnicallyUnsavy Laptop Tech Support 1
All_Might Laptop Tech Support 1