Asus Laptop won't turn on, only Power indicator

1sam1

Prominent
Feb 11, 2017
I have an Asus UX501JW laptop and had opened it up to fix one the hinges. I had disconnected the 2 connections, one for the wifi-adapter on the left and one for the screen. I reattached both after fixing the hinge. Upon start up, the f2 (airplane mode) light comes on and only the power indicator. The screen does not light up at all and no activity is detected by the 3rd led for disk activity. what does this mean? This is the image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkJLz3pcTDVCIgzhtHM8z1YiwVEz2YqsIEMxPruWgIEVv_Aj-FuXBPgnZu
The screen connector is the black wire next to the fan on the right

It is completely possible that something else got knocked loose when you were in there. It happens all the time. In this case I would really consider going back in and making sure nothing is loose. Then disconnect and again reconnect the items you moved before. Also, when you fixed the hinge, make sure nothing got bent, pinched, caught, etc. That would cause problems as well.

1sam1

Prominent
Feb 11, 2017

Hi I checked all that and nothing is out of place. I'm just curious. I remember when my screen was totally deattached from my laptop then by accident my laptop turned on, could that have possible caused the issue?

1sam1

Prominent
Feb 11, 2017

I have checked, nothing is displayed when any external display is connected either through HDMI or VGA. From the start up no the other LEDs don't flicker, the disk activity led always does on startup

G

I have the same issue, changed my hinges and now it wont turn on... Did you ever get it figued out?

marcinkk

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Similar problem here with Asus UX501JW. After pressing the power switch on then only F2 and power indicatior lights on and nothing more happens: the screen is black, the fans are not working. Is it (these 2 lighting LEDs) an "error message" from the notebook? What it means? The third light which works too is the battery charging indicator when AC power is connected.