Solved! Asus laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2018
I have a Asus laptop that is a non removable battery laptop and it won't turn on the lights turn on but the screen won't turn on tried things but won't work please help

Solution
Okay so your system is turning on, its your display that is not working. Okay now were getting somewhere. So this could be either graphics card on motherboard or the display itself. So if you have a external monitor, try hooking that up to the laptop and see if you see anything on the external monitor. If you see something on the external monitor, then your laptops display itself is bad and needs replacement. If you don't see anything on the external monitor, then it most likely is the graphics card. Then in that cause you will need to either replace that or the motherboard depending on if the graphics card is soldered to the motherboard (it most likely is). However, if you get to this stage, then I would probably make sure things like...

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
When you "tried things" what exactly did you try? Also, can you hear the fans spinning? I think what you're experiencing is no video is on screen but system is technically "on."

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I need to know my other question as well which is can you hear the fans spinning? I need to know this so I can determine if you have a no post problem or a no display problem.

Dec 31, 2018

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Okay so your system is turning on, its your display that is not working. Okay now were getting somewhere. So this could be either graphics card on motherboard or the display itself. So if you have a external monitor, try hooking that up to the laptop and see if you see anything on the external monitor. If you see something on the external monitor, then your laptops display itself is bad and needs replacement. If you don't see anything on the external monitor, then it most likely is the graphics card. Then in that cause you will need to either replace that or the motherboard depending on if the graphics card is soldered to the motherboard (it most likely is). However, if you get to this stage, then I would probably make sure things like ram are good before replacing the board. So the normal troubleshooting steps.

Solution

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
How much do I think it will cost to repair it? Um, depends on the place you go to get it fixed. Also depends on if its the gpu or monitor screen for the laptop. If it is the gpu, then they may have to replace the motherboard since on laptops, the gpu is fixed on the motherboard and is not detachable or at least not very easily like it is on desktop systems. It also depends on the make and model of the asus laptop as some are going to have more expensive parts and not so expensive parts compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.