Asus laptop wont wake up after Windows 8.1 Pro clean install

JON1987

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
hello everyone,

short story, i removed the ssd, wiped it, and installed a new copy of 8.1 x64 pro via usb. The laptop originally came with 8 x64.

problem is when i close the lid, and open the lid, the screen will not turn on. ive tried to follow through the keys to shut down (win +x, shutdown, shutdown) but the laptop wont shutdown either. im guessing the laptop is locking up.

the laptop came with software called "Power4Gear Hybrid Utility" but do i need this? or can i use the windows settings to configure the laptop so that is goes to sleep when i close the lid and wakes up when i open it.

the laptop is an Asus A550CA, intel i5

thank you

Solution
Power4Gear utilities are only installed on Asus PC's. I've done a full wipe and didn't install them back on, I came out fine. As far as your PC not wanting to wake back up, check to see what the setting are for both the Power4gear and the Windows power options located in the control pannel. Make sure they aren't different. If it still doesn't work, you may try uninstalling the Power4gear from the laptop.

Another note: be careful on putting the sleep option with a SSD. We've had computers never waking back up before.

I will return with more information. Good luck thus far!

Edit: seems that Asus laptops have had this problem since 2010. I'd definitely reccomend just getting rid of the Power4gear power application. I've never known...

HotPantsHenry

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
Power4Gear utilities are only installed on Asus PC's. I've done a full wipe and didn't install them back on, I came out fine. As far as your PC not wanting to wake back up, check to see what the setting are for both the Power4gear and the Windows power options located in the control pannel. Make sure they aren't different. If it still doesn't work, you may try uninstalling the Power4gear from the laptop.

Another note: be careful on putting the sleep option with a SSD. We've had computers never waking back up before.

I will return with more information. Good luck thus far!

Edit: seems that Asus laptops have had this problem since 2010. I'd definitely reccomend just getting rid of the Power4gear power application. I've never known this was a common issue, but then again I didn't have the Power4gear after fresh install.

Solution