Asus laptop (X550JX) Not Charging.

jenscarlsson04

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Hi, my x550jx has recently stopped accepting a charge. When I plug in the power it works for around 15 seconds and then stops. Windows says "Plugged and charging" but it doesn't.I also check in HWmontitor and I can see that the mWh has stopped going up. First, I thought it was some kind of wired thing then I play demanding games that it stopped charging. So I tested to plug in the power and ran a benchmark and it stopped charging after a while, I stopped the benchmark and plugged it in again then this problem occurred. Saw this yesterday and I started digging for some answers to the only thing I got was, Try another outlet, another charger, try leaving it charging for a while. I shut down the laptop and got to bed. woke up and the led that indicating if the laptop is charging is blinking orange and before it was solid orange. And throw the Asus manual it says that its blinking orange when the battery is under 10% which doesn't make any sense. When I booted the laptop it had 91% charge after 4 hours I started the charge with 91%.

My English isn't the greatest so please contact me if anything is unreadable :p

Thanks.