asus n550jk keyboard backlight not working

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
i spilled lemonade on my laptop last year and i got the motherboard and the keyboard replaced on my laptop and ever since that the backlight doesn't work. but about 3 months ago one day it randomly springed back to life, until i restarted my laptop... It doesn't light up when i boot my laptop. i have done everything possible to get it working but it isn't. any ideas? i have updated UEFI to 208, newest atk packages and all newest drivers for everything

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
this morning it started working again... any ideas how to keep it working? like... it has been working 2 times and i know it does work :D

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

and after i spilled lemonade on my laptop i got the whole front panel replaced (including the keyboard) and the motherboard by a certified asus repairs shop and it was expensive as heck. And it would suck for me to have to get it replaced again just to get the keyboard backlight to work...

So everything was replaced after the liquid damage? Hmm.. that is really odd because it should be fine then, unless they didn't replace all the parts that should have been. If you got the work done not long ago, it should be under warranty. I would then contact them about it.

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
unfortunately the warranty ended about a month ago :D and yeah i know it's strange and when i went to the same shop few weeks ago they told me that this laptop doesn't have a backlit keyboard. like wtf do they think that i'm stupid or something? when i have pictures of the backlight working and they lie to my face that it isn't a backlit keyboard... morons

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

hi, tried it and it didn't work.

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
The keyboard is an original Asus with backlight. I checked the Serial numbers yesterday and they Match and have the barcode on it that allows me to scan it. And no I don't have a multimeter :(

Viz3r

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

hey, i recently got a multimeter. and now i've got another problem with my laptop...
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGxyu_fH8s&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

xKaruOttx

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Well that problem is something like many of the ASUS N550JK owners have. I had it too, but for me, the display remains black if I move the screen. So I have a doubt that the thing that is responsible for registering the event of closing and opening the lid is messing with you. But I'll still post a fix that may help you. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LBNKFeuJxc