Asus n550jv not working

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my Asus laptop that is running Windows 8.1 64 bit. When I tried to use skype today I noticed skype was not detecting my built in webcam. Thinking it was skype I rebooted my laptop and tried to use the camera app which also did not detect the webcam. When trying to troubleshot I also stumbled upon the fact that my touchscreen is also not working. The last time these features worked was Wednesday and since then I have not used my laptop. Based on this I concluded that the windows update (KB2980654) was to blame as it was the only pc change i made before going on skype. I uninstalled this update and restarted the pc and it still didnt work. I then restored my system too two weeks ago and still am having no luck. Ran a full virus scan and found nothing. Really starting to think this might be hardware based but I hope not and dont want to reformat unless I have expended all other options. Thanks for the help.

Update: I went into device manager and all three intel bus drivers arent working. Dont know if its related and dont know when they stopped working.

https://imageshack.com/i/hjcUKiLjj

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

I emailed asus to confirm the drivers. Could these drivers be causing the issue? I mean it could make sense if the webcam and touchscreen work on a usb interface. Furthermore my usb ports are also not working. Any thing else I should try in the mean time.

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Alright thanks. I swear I have had nothing but driver issues with this laptop. What interface is the touchpad connected through as it still works?