Question Asus N552VX stuck on logo after bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2019
Recently I've updated my N552 using Asus winflash and now my laptop doesn't get past the logo. I was able to access BIOS by pressing ctrl+home, but can't update any other bios in ezflash.

Does anyone have similar issue?
I've contacted ASUS they basically told me that's not their problem, although I did the online bios update

Which BIOS version is installed now? Reflash the BIOS Version 304 by USB

Set the HDD/SSD from which you usually boot as 1st boot device in BIOS, save and exit

If this doesn´t work, load factory/default settings "restore defaults" in BIOS, save and exit

btw: never do an online BIOS update, always in BIOS itself using a USB flash drive should be the preferred update path

Sep 10, 2019
v304 is a buggy update. I've found a solution. Please remove the hdd/ssd from the hdd slot then it boots. And then please revert back to v300 and after that install the hdd again. If you don't know how to revert back to previous version please check this video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-NB2JkTCd8

I hope this will solve your problem. I had the same issue and now I figured it.

Nov 9, 2019
v304 is a buggy update. I've found a solution. Please remove the hdd/ssd from the hdd slot then it boots. And then please revert back to v300 and after that install the hdd again. If you don't know how to revert back to previous version please check this video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-NB2JkTCd8

I hope this will solve your problem. I had the same issue and now I figured it.
Hi all, Raybi,

Thank you sharing the useful information.

I have went through a nightmare after updating my N552vw BIOS to the problematic version 304. I have lost view of my NVMe OS drive which was shipped with the laptop. After many unnecessary and pointless visits to the ASUS dealership at my region which concluded that my NVMe drive is faulty!! I was not convinced at all.

ASUS dealership offered to sell me a new NVMe stick which of course I refused, bought one elsewhere and with no surprise it didn't work on BIOS version 304 either.

After trying a work around by installing an OS on a HDD drive just to try the above method to downgrade the BIOS which worked great and the claimed faulty drive was working perfectly again right where it left off.

Long emails with ASUS got me no where and the BIOS is still up on their downloads page almost 4 months later!!!

Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.