ASUS N56VB Keyboard backlight issue

Nostras

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
So I have this laptop, Asus N56VB-S4061H, and I have a small issue. Well, it might be small, but this is bugging me so badly...
The keyboards' backlight is broken...

Let's rewind two months.

I bought the laptop two months ago and, as I should be, I was delighted by the performance with it. As far as I can recall the keyboard backlight back then was still working.
Sadly there was one huge issue with it, it would shut down after approximately half an hour.
I had to RMA the laptop, and so I did.

Once I got it back I fidgeted with it for a bit, installed my old SSD and reinstalled windows 8 on the SSD. I used a caddy to place the 500 GB storage.
Sadly, I don't recall the backlight ever working. I guessed it was driver instability and tried installing and reinstalling AtKACPI drivers, but it still didn't work.
Now I'm at my wits end...
I could send it to RMA once again, but then I'll have no laptop once again for 2 weeks. That's not possible. And to be fair, this isn't that big of an issue.
I also read something about a possible wrongly installed power supply for the backlight, but I'm kinda hesitant to open the laptop without direction.

So, does any of you have any idea?

Nostras

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

As I'm aware I need to press FN + F4 to turn it on, doesn't work.

Nostras

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Not as I'm aware of except that you need to install ATKACPI drivers.

MiDNiGHTsoul

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
"ATK ACPI is ASUS tool key of Advanced Configuration and Power Interface.

It’s the driver to make BIOS and OS communicate with each other to manage the power configuration."

Take a look ta BIOS. If you havent already

Nostras

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Mmm, didn't find anything useful.

MiDNiGHTsoul

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
try disabling (Fn+A) that AI Controller that supposed to adjust the intensity of the backlight and then do the fn+F(number) which supposed to manually set the intensity.
I think im out of ideas for the time being.

Nostras

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

FN+A doesn't seem to do anything at all