Asus Q200e won't power on after digitizer replacement

captainslack

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Had to replace the digitizer on my Q200e after it fell and broke. This is the second time I've had to do this, but since it's been awhile I pulled up a YouTube video to refresh my memory on doing the repair. Was about half way through the steps shown when I realized my last repair didn't go like this. The video had me removing the HD and the circuit board next to it in order to remove the cable that connects the digi to the MB. All I really needed to do was remove the bezel and attach the digi connectors to a piece located in the bezel between the hinges.

I never completely removed the circuit board and put back the HD. After I'd finished installing the digi, the laptop now won't power on. The power switch is located on the circuit board that I'd partially removed. It seems to be lined up properly so the button on the top makes contact with it, but I get no life from the laptop. I've removed the battery cable and held the power button for 30sec, but nothing changed. Plugging in the AC adapter makes the battery charge light come on, but that's it. I tried pressing the power switch on the board directly, but that didn't work either. Could I have damaged that circuit board or is there something else going on?

Solution
Something else may have been knocked loose when you were making the changes. Also, looks can be deceiving. You may want to actually disconnect the that circuit board completely and then reattach it correctly. Even though you didn't remove it completely, that can lead to more issues than if you had.
Something else may have been knocked loose when you were making the changes. Also, looks can be deceiving. You may want to actually disconnect the that circuit board completely and then reattach it correctly. Even though you didn't remove it completely, that can lead to more issues than if you had.

Solution

captainslack

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

It's worth a shot! Thanks.

captainslack

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Wasn't able to completely remove the board due to a stripped screw. But, whatever I must have dislodged must have found it's way back into position, cause it's now powering on!

Thanks!