Asus Q400A laptop charger issue!

highc1157

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I have been doing updates on my asus q400a laptop for the past few days and restoring my PC to get ready to sell it. Everything has been working fine, the charger and battery have never had any issues. Well, today, i noticed my laptop was NOT charging...

I found that when I plugged my laptop AC/DC power adapter into my laptop, the little green light on my AC/DC adapter brick turns off. However, when i unplug the adapter from my laptop so that it's just plugged into the wall, the little green indicator light on the brick lights back up. Yet, it doesnt charge...

I bought a new charger today, hoping that'll fix the issue???

Hi,

While your waiting for the new charger see if these steps will help as well. Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 secs. Put just the AC adapter back in and turn the laptop on, once on the desktop put the battery back in as well and see if it charges. Lastly, if there's an available battery or AC adapter were you can run a test first with both of them cause it will save you time and money since you'll be able to identify which really is the one who's faulty between those 2 device.

highc1157

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

Hi! It ended up being the whole dang motherboard that needs replacement. New laptop time... :(