Asus Q534UX Laptop Screen Glitch/Tear

centz005

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
I bought an Asus Q534UX laptop last month. Maybe once per day or less, the screen would glitch/tear -- it was usually around the bottom fifth of the screen and was a quick, blink-and-you'll-miss-it horizontal glitch. I never thought much of it until yesterday when the screen refused to do anything but flicker black when i tried to wake the laptop up from a quick sleep.

Luckily i was within my return window, so I got the laptop exchanged for a supposedly new one. I've had this new one for less than a day, but now the screen has glitched multiple times, throughout the screen. It's similar in nature -- horizontally across the screen like a glitch or a rough screen tear, looking like static -- but it lasts longer and will happen multiple times within a 5-s span.

Have other people experienced this glitch? is there a fix, or is it a harbinger of things to come?

Thanks.

centz005

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

Yeah; that's what I figured the problem would be. I was just surprised to have it happen twice on the same model; I was wondering of other people experienced the same problem with this model (I couldn't find it as a common problem doing a web search).

if u can find anything on it then its best to get it return asap.3rd time might be the charm.

dualsynergy

Commendable
Feb 27, 2018

Hello, I am now using my 2nd Asus Q534UXK and I have been experiencing what seems to be the same issue on both of these laptops. I exchanged the first, which happened to be open-box (I can only speculate as to why), for a new-in-box one and started having the same problems within a few days. I am wondering where you stand with this issue. Did you return the laptop or find a fix?