Solved! Asus q550lf msata port missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckboystump

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
I bought an Asus q550lf from someone awhile back. I took the back panel off to reapply thermal paste and clean the fan, and noticed the spot where the msata connector for the ssd should be soldered in, is blank!
m25o0Q

I have looked ALL over the web and can't find a single post about this. Is it a factory error? Can I install one myself? I have a 16gb ssd that i would like to install as a caching drive, but can't. Please help.

Duckboystump

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Duckboystump : "Asus q550lf msata port missing"

I bought an Asus q550lf from someone awhile back. I took the back panel off to reapply thermal paste and clean the fan, and noticed the spot where the msata connector for the ssd should be soldered in, is blank!
m25o0Q

I have looked ALL over the web and can't find a single post about this. Is it a factory error? Can I install one myself? I have a 16gb ssd that i would like to install as a caching drive, but can't. Please help.

Duckboystump

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

even if it says "SSD", has a spot for the port, and just looks like someone forgot to solder it? i asked ASUS support, they simply said "we dont offer support for upgrades". They didnt seem to understand what I was even talking about, they saw the letters SSD and tuned out the actual issue i was asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.