Asus replacement battery not detected

Wolf92

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
I have a X54H laptop with K54LY motherboard.
The original laptop battery is a A41-K53 (rating: +14.4V – 2600mAh, 37Wh).

I bought a replacement battery with specs 10.8V ~ 11.1V, 6600mAh. The seller specified that this battery works specifically for my laptop to replace my battery.
The battery is not detected by the laptop.
I have tried updating various drivers, I even flashed the BIOS to latest version.

I believe it's not a OS problem since when the laptop is off with battery inserted, it won't boot unless the AC is plugged in. Once it started booting I can remove the AC and the laptop works fine on battery electricity (however it still says that there is no battery so I have no idea about remaining charge etc).
Any idea what the problem might be and how I can solve it?

Solution
If I google for that part number there is a mix of batteries. But if I google for "a41-k53 14.4v" then I get 14.4V batteries. I don't know what else to say. To me putting a 11V battery in place of a 14.4V battery doesn't seem correct. Maybe somebody else has a different idea.

Wolf92

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016

are you sure? If you look online most if not all replacement batteries from various sellers have the 10.8-11.0 voltage.
For some reason that seems to be standard.

kanewolf

Judicious
If I google for that part number there is a mix of batteries. But if I google for "a41-k53 14.4v" then I get 14.4V batteries. I don't know what else to say. To me putting a 11V battery in place of a 14.4V battery doesn't seem correct. Maybe somebody else has a different idea.

Solution

Wolf92

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016

Well, let's suppose that those tens of manufacturers aren't all retarded, and considering that the battery can perfectly power my laptop (it is just not detected).

What could be the cause for a working battery not to be detected?