Asus ROG - G75V notebook - Black and blue lines... start on safe mode only. Is my graphics card gone?

wilezgiacio

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hi have a very big problem with my Asus Rog G75 notebook.

This in the first screen at startup ... it stays this way and then it's all black without doing anything else:
attachment.php

I can start the notebook in safe mode only, and this is the result:
attachment.php

Is the graphics card gone? There are solutions or do I throw the notebook?

Solution

Replacing the graphic card on the G75 is not what I'd call convenient. It requires major disassembly of the laptop to get to the GPU. There are disassembly videos for the G75 on you tube. It isn't a difficult job, just putzy. Gotta pay serious attention to detail to make sure everything is reassembled/attached correctly.

The images you meant to send with the post aren't there. To test however, even without seeing the images, you can use the following.

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

He can just replace the graphics card on that model if he can find one. Might be cheaper than a motherboard AND graphics card. :D

wilezgiacio

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Thank you for the reply
I think it's a graphics card problem and not a monitor problem, but I'll try with an external monitor.
However, these are the images:

130.jpg

23.jpg

Replace the graphic card on a notebook is it convenient? Is it possible to do so on my ROG G75V without any problems?
Otherwise, I buy the new notebook. ;)

Replacing the graphic card on the G75 is not what I'd call convenient. It requires major disassembly of the laptop to get to the GPU. There are disassembly videos for the G75 on you tube. It isn't a difficult job, just putzy. Gotta pay serious attention to detail to make sure everything is reassembled/attached correctly.

Solution