Asus rog gl502vsk on fire?

ba.theexpert

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Well i bought this laptop like a month ago and ever since when im playing any game on 4k or AAA tiles on 1080p the cpu and gpu get as hot as 85-90 degrees i dont mind the fan noise but it is truely estressing me cause i paid 2000$ for this machine i like to last for at least 2 years ... Can that be damagin?
When im browsing gpu and cpu are around 50-55

Any tips or tricks?

Specs:
24 ram
8 gb of gtx 1070
4k display but its normaly set to 1080p
512 hb ssd
1024hdd
Core i7 7700hq

Solution
90 is very high and can cause damage in the long run. Does the laptop have g sync?
You can try using a laptop cooler to lower the temps. Also do you have the latest drivers for your laptop?
You can also try using a local accound instead of a microsoft account when you log into windows.
Also make sure you are not logged into the windows store as this has helped me.
You can also contact asus to see if this is normal and see if they will fix the laptop as the temps should not be that high. I know the laptop is thin but the fans should be able to cope with the size.

Also what settings are you plaing the games at?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ba.theexpert : "Asus rog gl502vsk on fire?"

ba.theexpert

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

SO ?

90 is very high and can cause damage in the long run. Does the laptop have g sync?
You can try using a laptop cooler to lower the temps. Also do you have the latest drivers for your laptop?
You can also try using a local accound instead of a microsoft account when you log into windows.
Also make sure you are not logged into the windows store as this has helped me.
You can also contact asus to see if this is normal and see if they will fix the laptop as the temps should not be that high. I know the laptop is thin but the fans should be able to cope with the size.

Also what settings are you plaing the games at?

Solution

up-snake

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I have the exact same thing as yours.
Don't risk its life.
I just lowered my graphic settings to prevent it from reaching that temperature.

P.S . I do have a laptop cooler but the problem is bigger than these things

adam.tomasiewicz

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
1) Use ROG Game Center to boost Fans (i use 50% boost)

2) You need to undervoltage it.
for CPU use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
for GPU use MSI Afterburner
You will find many guides on the internet

I manage to get my temps down to 50*C Idle and 70-75*C at full load.

Feb 27, 2018

Can you post screenshots of ur settings for MSI afterburner and ETU? Thanks!
Also, how much fps do you lose by doing that.