Solved! ASUS ROG GL502VT RAM upgrade help!

Paralox

Prominent
May 27, 2017
I've installed a new 8gb stick of ram into my ASUS ROG GL502VT; which has a fixed 8gb RAM + a slot to add upgraded RAM.

My laptop is only showing up with 8gb memory; The RAM is completely secure into the port - Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

Solution
First, doing that "bump" thing is not good and not fair to others. Someone will always get around to helping. The original post wasn't even there half a day. :( Patience.

In regard to the issue, two things. 1. Did you check the manual / specs for your device to make sure it can handle that much RAM? Just because one 'can' add it doesn't mean the device will accept it. and 2. Did you make sure that the RAM you purchased and installed (if the device can actually handle that much) was the exact same type as the original RAM? If it is different in any way, that would make it not work.
First, doing that "bump" thing is not good and not fair to others. Someone will always get around to helping. The original post wasn't even there half a day. :( Patience.

In regard to the issue, two things. 1. Did you check the manual / specs for your device to make sure it can handle that much RAM? Just because one 'can' add it doesn't mean the device will accept it. and 2. Did you make sure that the RAM you purchased and installed (if the device can actually handle that much) was the exact same type as the original RAM? If it is different in any way, that would make it not work.

Solution