ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74 Software, Drivers, and Keyboard Light

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I bought this laptop to replace my desktop. I don't play games anymore but also wanted something powerful enough that I wouldn't miss my old desktop so I got this for good price used. ($800)

I got it and booted up to a fresh install of windows 8.1
After getting through all of that I proceeded to clear off the start menu, and control panel of almost all the pre-loaded software. I kept the drivers for the Integrated graphics,Wireless driver, and realtec audio drivers , updated the nvidea drivers.

At some point I was unaware that my keyboard backlights no longer function. They don't come on at all except when I boot up but then they shut down shortly after.

I tried reinstalling Asus ATK Package which I thought my help but as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. Everything is running fine except for the backlights. Any idea how I can fix this?

sethwilliam

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

I've tried holding FN and F4 which is supposed to boost the keyboard brightness but neither that nor the button thats supposed to lower the keyboard brightness works. All the other FN + F keys shortcuts work though