ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 SSD configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolkakkar

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
If I buy the ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 and add a Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD to it will it work the same way and can I boot my OS on the ssd?Will the machine overheat?Is this deal good or should I go for any other laptop?

Solution
G
Greetings Amolkakkar!

Your Samsung 850 will most definitely work by swapping it with the old one. Before you do so I suggest you create a recovery media via USB from Windows if are not planning to use another operating system. Take in mind that doing so will void your warranty unless if needed you swap your old drive back prior to shipment. There is a possible risk with activation I might add. Just make sure you have a good hardline internet connection to assure stable connection to Microsoft’s servers. You may contact ASUS support to track down your 5x5 Windows key as well. You will want to provide them with your information such as your model and serial number to pinpoint that. Good luck and happy modding!!!
G

Greetings Amolkakkar!

Your Samsung 850 will most definitely work by swapping it with the old one. Before you do so I suggest you create a recovery media via USB from Windows if are not planning to use another operating system. Take in mind that doing so will void your warranty unless if needed you swap your old drive back prior to shipment. There is a possible risk with activation I might add. Just make sure you have a good hardline internet connection to assure stable connection to Microsoft’s servers. You may contact ASUS support to track down your 5x5 Windows key as well. You will want to provide them with your information such as your model and serial number to pinpoint that. Good luck and happy modding!!!

Solution
G

You will not run into overheating issues as the solid state drives are extremely low in power consumption compared to your standard platter hard drive. There have been others with your set up as well and they claim that it works great. Check out ROG forums regarding your case.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81265-SSD-upgrade-for-the-GL552VW-Please-help-!

Status
Not open for further replies.