Asus shutdown randomly

johnny_31

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
My Asus Q551lb shuts off randomly even though the battery is still full. When i try to turn it back on it just lights up then shuts down right away sometimes before the screen turns on. It started happening for the first time today, my laptop is not over heated and i dont over charge my laptops. It doesnt turn on unless plugged in to a charger. Once unplugged it sometimes stays on for hours or shuts off like a minute after being unplugged.
Please help me

Solution
I suspect a faulty battery, try removing the battery and use only the charger as power and see if it switches off. The other scenario could a malfunction by microsoft battery control method in device manager, with the battery removed and only charger plugged in, power on the laptop and navigate to device manager and uninstall microsoft battery control method then power off and replace battery and power on. In the booting up process windows will reinstall battery driver in device manager automatically and may re-calibrate the battery to proper working condition. Failing that, replace your battery.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I suspect a faulty battery, try removing the battery and use only the charger as power and see if it switches off. The other scenario could a malfunction by microsoft battery control method in device manager, with the battery removed and only charger plugged in, power on the laptop and navigate to device manager and uninstall microsoft battery control method then power off and replace battery and power on. In the booting up process windows will reinstall battery driver in device manager automatically and may re-calibrate the battery to proper working condition. Failing that, replace your battery.

Solution