Question Asus T101-HA does not enter sleep mode by command

Aug 9, 2019
My Asus T101-HA enters sleep mode correctly by closing the lid. But when I click the sleep option in the start menu it hibernates. I disabled hibernation, but this does not help. As I very often switch between sleep/wake, I do not want every time open/close the lid. I don't like hibernation because it needs more time to wake up, and possibly harms the SSD when applied every now and then.

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Open the "Sleep Setting" and find "Hybrid Sleep"
  5. Change/set it to not allow hybrid sleep.
  6. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
  7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks, but it doesn't help as there is no option "hybrid sleep" . powercfg /a says: "Hybrid sleep: Standby (S3) is not available"

Aug 9, 2019
Only the sleep mode S0. But due to strange behaviour of other features I decided to setup win10 from scratch. Now it works.
Anyway thank you for your help and sorry to waste your time!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 4
abajan Laptop Tech Support 6
G Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
bubesz94 Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1