ASUS TF201 Tablet will not Charge.

Andrea Richards

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
I have a TF201 tablet that has some problems. The main problem is that it will not charge. I plug it in and it doesn’t read that there is a connection.

I thought it might be a problem with the charger. I purchased a spear that works and it still would not charge. I powered it down and plug it in. when I push the plug into the dock it turns the tablet on but it still read that nothing is connected so I am uncertain if plugging it in is just triggering an event.
I saw a youtube video on how to repair your tablet and they said to reseat the battery from the main board.. I opened the tablet and I reseated the power connector in the tablet. I still have the same problem it will not charge.

I think I have the problem narrowed down to either the battery or the main board in the tablet. If it’s the battery I can have it replaced. If it’s the mainboard Does anyone know what part on the board that is causing this so I can have it replaced or repaired?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Have you checked all the connections mains lead to USB cable connectors are clean and dust free nothing out of line, Try cleaning connections up.
You may have already tried this but does your charger have one of those plugs that take universal 240v uk, 110v USA type plugs that slide on/off to change for what country your in? If you've not tried it un-clip it make sure it's connection properly.
Are you sure its not a faulty USB cable or when you got your charger replacement did you get another.

Andrea Richards

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
You're the second person to suggest a problem with the USB connectors. it is possible that it might be the cause. I will purchase a connector for the tablet and when I get it I will let you know if it works.

Thanks.

Henk Berkers

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

Put the adapter wrapped up in a seal bag in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Get it out wrapped up, wait for 20 minutes because of condensing and plug it in. It helped for me!