Asus UX32A - Battery Charging Weird Problems!!!

tonio5454

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Laptop Model - Asus UX32A
OS - Windows 10

All of a sudden for some reason I have started seeing this weird problem in my battery charging. When the power cord is connected the battery icon says "No battery is detected" and the power indicator keeps blinking from orange to green. Also when I check for the battery charge percentage it says "100% Fully Charged"

Now when I pull out the power cord from the laptop, the laptop still works and the battery indicator says "Unknown Remaining" . If this is a battery problem the laptop should have got switched off, but its still working.

And there is one more thing, the laptop won't switch on without power adapter connected. But once its on and if I remove the power adapter it just stays power on with battery. I'm so confused of whats going on with this weird problems. Can anyone help? Please ask if you need more details. Thanks guys.

Solution
Two things to try... A hard restart:

• Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove the PC from any port replicator or docking station.
    Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
    Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
    Once started, insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
    Press the power button to turn on the notebook PC.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally, if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.
Or make sure the BIOS is up to date. Try and get in touch with ASUS support to see if they can help you. They may have a similar issue on...

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Two things to try... A hard restart:

• Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove the PC from any port replicator or docking station.
    Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
    Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
    Once started, insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
    Press the power button to turn on the notebook PC.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally, if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.
Or make sure the BIOS is up to date. Try and get in touch with ASUS support to see if they can help you. They may have a similar issue on file and could tell you if it's the battery... but I would lean to either of the above mentioned methods first, and question the battery itself after those.

Solution

tonio5454

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015

Thanks for your suggestions. I will give a try on both and let you know.