Question Asus Vivobook S15 S510UA External monitor flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All, I have a new Asus Vivobook S15 S510UA with the Intel UHD 630 video driver. Laptop on its own works perfectly - no issues. When I plug it into an external 2580x1080 monitor I have, issues begin. The screen will flash then recover - like it disconnected and reconnected or have to reconfigure. It at times works for a few minutes, other times it does this cycle of flashing several times in a row. This makes it impossible to use the external monitor.
I have tried:
  1. Different HDMI cable
  2. Installed one older version of the Intel UHD driver
  3. re-installed latest available driver from ASUS for the Intel UHD driver
  4. Adjust the frame rate -- 59, 60 and 75 all tried with no difference
  5. Reset to default the bios configuration

There isn't a restore point in windows for me to go back too since this is a brand new notebook. The issue isn't with the monitor because it has been working fine with other notebooks and a desktop system.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Alannieee
I don't think that laptop can use an external display of that resolution/size. Did you check the specs? And did you try lowering the resolution on the external monitor to see if that will resolve it? If it does, then that is your limitation. If it doesn't, then you may want to consider returning the device as there may be a problem with the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.