Question Asus Vivobook S712EA upgrade

Sep 2, 2021
Hi all
A customer asked me to buy in for them an Asus Vivobook S712EA, then upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro. Simple enough task, so I did. Booted the laptop, updated it, then went to activation, entered the (valid and unused) Windows 10 Pro product key: rejected. Double-checked – all correct, but yet no. Used another valid Windows 10 Pro product key: that didn't work either. Checked with ASUS – it's a Microsoft problem. Checked with Microsoft – pay us $700 and we'll help you (perhaps).
Booted from the installation DVD, can't find the SSD. Tried booting from my multi-version Windows installation USB – can't find the SSD.
I'm a bit stymied here – can anyone think of a way forward?
Thanks.

Sep 2, 2021
Hi,

how about upgrading the license in the seetings on Windows 10?
Sometimes this could be only the way to upgrade Windows 10 - but this depends on the key and his installation options (some are only for uprade, not for isos).

Have you done a Bios reset? This helps sometimes on Asus laptops.

I upgraded to Pro recently and had the some issue. Since I had just bought it, MS gave me a "special key" and that was the solution. I found a lot of articles on the internet about this issue but none of the solutions worked. Calling MS (chat) was quick and easy. If your Pro upgrade is legal and recently purchased, they should help you.