Solved! Asus Vivobook X540U wont turn on

Nov 28, 2019
I have been looking at tom's guide for solutions,
I have tried every method i saw, this asus x540u
I have is not turning on, i plugged it into the ac adapter but no lights, no backlights. the battery
is not removable, my only choice is to open it
but i am not good at DIY repairs. any solution
that does not involve opening it? i dont want
to ship it to asus yet (i dont have much money)

Solution
There is nothing much you can do by yourself if you are not handy.. but opening and disconnecting/reconnecting battery is surely not that much of a headache,

sometimes laptops do respond after disconnecting battery and a small cmos battery inside, after that press and hold power button for 30 seconds, then reconnect cmos battery and try to turn on only on adapter,

if it didn't worked then there is something blown in power circuitry and do need repairs by professional workshop. I think its a hardware defect since there is no light, you can try another adapter.

cheers
Nov 28, 2019
Lately, I attempted opening my x540uv. I then quickly went to charge it then i got a ORANGE light... after i try to power it on, the orange light disappeared... should i sent it out for repair or any solutions...

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
There is nothing much you can do by yourself if you are not handy.. but opening and disconnecting/reconnecting battery is surely not that much of a headache,

sometimes laptops do respond after disconnecting battery and a small cmos battery inside, after that press and hold power button for 30 seconds, then reconnect cmos battery and try to turn on only on adapter,

if it didn't worked then there is something blown in power circuitry and do need repairs by professional workshop. I think its a hardware defect since there is no light, you can try another adapter.

cheers

Solution