Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Complaint driver for your battery.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall automatically after the reboot.
- If it will still not work do test the AC adapter if it's working properly.
- Remove the battery and connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up normally.
- Once the laptop is on with just the AC adapter, put the battery back in and see if it will charge normally.
- And lastly if all these will not work, do also try a different AC adapter and see if it will work or not.