Asus x522e won't boot

Xzak

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
The machine boots straight to bios. I held down the power to shut it off after the machine had a few program's freeze on me. I should have waited longer but I didn't. Now windows won't load. Any suggestions?

Update: I suppose the hard drive might be bad. The hard drive is listed in the boot menu. I tried toying with some settings in the BIOS. The Asus splash screen vanished upon boot. I finally managed to get the splash screen to return, but the machine still boots to bios. I re-flashed the BIOS with an update to see if that would help, and nothing. Tried resetting the CMOS. Nothing.

This machine is approximately three months old. Initially a few programs froze on me, I couldn't access task manager or the start menu to reboot, so (for the first time since I've owned the machine) I held down the power to turn it off. Upon reboot I encountered this issue.

Solution
Do you have the recovery disk for this machine? If you do not, youll need to get one, and I will find you one.

If you have the disc for the computer, try re installing the machine to the current OS partition. This will allow you to keep your files on the computer and reinstall the operating system over it.

Let us know if you do have the discs for the machine or not. That will depend on where we need to go from there. I can provide a lot more details on the installation when it comes down to it.

ALSO- your computer is it a model X552E? I do not see an asus model 522e

Xzak

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Whenever I exit bios it goes right back into bios. This is the first time I have ever held down the power button to turn off the machine as well.

hackintosh777

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

I think the hard drive is kaput. Boot from a Linux live-usb. If that works, back up your files, replace the hard drive, and reinstall Windows.

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Do you have the recovery disk for this machine? If you do not, youll need to get one, and I will find you one.

If you have the disc for the computer, try re installing the machine to the current OS partition. This will allow you to keep your files on the computer and reinstall the operating system over it.

Let us know if you do have the discs for the machine or not. That will depend on where we need to go from there. I can provide a lot more details on the installation when it comes down to it.

ALSO- your computer is it a model X552E? I do not see an asus model 522e

Solution