Solved! Asus x540s black screen

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone!

I have an Asus x540s laptop.
Usually, i can't turn on.. When i connect the charging cable, automatically turn on, but the screen remains black. When i shut it down, by pressing the power button.. 5 seconds and turn on.. No asus logo, nothing at all.
Around the 1000th times, when i tried to turn on, it turns on, but when i change something and i had to restart, it starting over.. I formated the hdd via my PC, so now the hdd is empty, no driver, no OS, nothing.. So isn't the graphic driver, isn't the OS, but still, around the 1000th time it turns on and the display is working..

Asus x540s, n3050 cpu, 4gb memory(which is one with the motherboard.. idiot manufacturer..), 500gb hdd

motherboard pic

Solution
Sounds like a bad motherboard, possibly the screen. Did you try with an external screen? Open it to check connections to the screen?

Another option to try is to unplug the battery and the CMOS battery if there is one, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, and see if it turns on after that.
Sounds like a bad motherboard, possibly the screen. Did you try with an external screen? Open it to check connections to the screen?

Another option to try is to unplug the battery and the CMOS battery if there is one, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, and see if it turns on after that.

Solution
Feb 1, 2021
I tried an external screen.. both hdmi cable and a d-sub cable.. ( i thought maybe i win with an analog cable.. but no.. :( )
This laptop doesn't have a CMOS battery.. i though also for that, but no..
The strange thing for me is that if i am sustained and i succeed to catch that moment when there is a screen.. it works like a new laptop.. but besides that just a black screen..

Thanks btw!

I tried an external screen.. both hdmi cable and a d-sub cable.. ( i thought maybe i win with an analog cable.. but no.. :( )
This laptop doesn't have a CMOS battery.. i though also for that, but no..
The strange thing for me is that if i am sustained and i succeed to catch that moment when there is a screen.. it works like a new laptop.. but besides that just a black screen..

Thanks btw!

Could be a bad backlight, or screen issue, did you check the connections? If you shine a light on the screen can you see an image? Does moving the screen around get the image on?

Does it have power and activity lights when you turn it on? Fans go on or anything? Or do the fans go on to full power and stay that way?

Feb 1, 2021
Could be a bad backlight, or screen issue, did you check the connections? If you shine a light on the screen can you see an image? Does moving the screen around get the image on?

Does it have power and activity lights when you turn it on? Fans go on or anything? Or do the fans go on to full power and stay that way?

I don't see anything.. just a black screen.
Fans, hdd turns on.. everything works except the screen. I tried with an external screen but nothing..