Asus X540sa laptop won't turn on.

Daiveon

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Very recently my computer has been acting strange. When it enters hibernation mode or I shut the lid for an extended period of time the screen will not turn back on or it will take quite a bit of effort to turn it on. The two lights will be on at the bottom left of the keyboard but they'll just be on. If I plug in the charger, the charge light it doesn't turn yellow like it normally does. It'll stay white or it won't come on at all. If none of the lights are on then the charge light will come on. But if I press the power button the power light doesn't come on. Iv gotten it to work by pressing the power button a bunch of times but it takes a while. The battery is internal so I can't discharge the power and reboot it. I didn't waste anything on it, I didn't drop it. I got it earlier this year so it's still relatively new. It's still under warranty but I really need it for college and I don't have time to be waiting on the manufacturer to repair or replace it. Does anyone know why or have an idea what's going on?

Solution
Were it me, I would be contacting them about it (since it is under warranty). I know the wait part is a pain, but it would be worth the effort to get it fixed or replaced. Better to do it now, while still under warranty, than to either wait until that expires, or work on the device in a way that voids the warranty.
Were it me, I would be contacting them about it (since it is under warranty). I know the wait part is a pain, but it would be worth the effort to get it fixed or replaced. Better to do it now, while still under warranty, than to either wait until that expires, or work on the device in a way that voids the warranty.

Solution