Asus x550z not charging after dc jack and laptop charger replacement

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I had my Asus x550z for a couple years and last week it wasn't charging properly anymore. It would only charge for a couple minutes at a time and then I would get "plugged in, not charging" message in windows. I figured it would be either the charge port or the laptop charger so, I bought both. However, after replacing both the laptop still does not charge properly. I am lost because I don't think it is a battery issue because the battery accepts the charge fine. Any ideas?

Much Thanks,
Money

Solution
Actually it could be a battery issue and most likely sounds like it is the battery. When batteries go bad, they will accept but won't retain the charge.

YoAndy

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
Actually it could be a battery issue and most likely sounds like it is the battery. When batteries go bad, they will accept but won't retain the charge.

Solution

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Hmmm, ok i can give the battery replacement a shot

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
If I wanted to test the charging circuitry really quick before I bought the battery. Could I see if the laptop powers on by just the power charger and not the battery? If it doesn't power on would it be a problem with the laptops mobo?