Asus x553s won't start

Lina_2

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hi, I have bought a new asus x553s, it worked fine till today.
Now, I can't turn it on. I have tried to hold the power button for 30+ seconds over and over, but it did not help. I can't take out the battery cos it is internal.

Can someone please help me solve this?

Thanks in advance, Lina.

No power usually means hardware failure. I'm afraid there is no easy fix to this. A local technician can try a power cycle (he'll have to open the PC to remove the battery) and reseat the RAM - or try new RAM. If none of that works, you could be facing a bad motherboard or a bad CPU that would need replaced.

Lina_2

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hi, thanks for replying, but I 'm afraid I didn't put my question correctly yesterday.
The notebook does turn on - I can hear it and I can see the bulb and the battery lights light up green, but the desktop is black and it doesn't lit up no matter what I do.
Thank again, Lina

Miasmammy

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
You didn't purchase it from littlewoods by any chance? I've had mines all of 24 hours and I'm having the same problem or getting 'windows didn't load properly' and the options to restart or factory reset. Its getting send back on Monday.

Oh! Well that's slightly better news. This could still be hardware related, but less likely as extreme as I had outlined.

Do you see the screen's backlight/illumination? Or is there no light coming from the screen?

Rukaia

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Rukaia

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi, I have bought a new asus x553s
I can't turn it on. I have tried to hold the power button for 30+ seconds over and over, but it did not help.
Can someone please help me solve this?
thanks , Rukaia