ASUS X555BA can you use the laptop using the power cord only?

red808

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
With the ASUS X555BA can you use the laptop using the power cord only? The battery on this Asus can't seem to be removed, is there a way to do make this work anyway?.When the battery on my HP stopped working I could remove it and sjust use the power cable. I've tried asking Asus, but their customer service is not great. Sending it in for service to have the battery replaced would be really expensive, I would prefer not to have to do that. (Sorry if my question is difficult to understand, english is not my first language)

Well, the battery may be complicated to remove, but most laptops will work with the battery out and just using the cord.

That said, some are set to intentionally not work that way. I don't know about your particular model. They don't really list that in specs. ;) The only way to know for sure is to try it. However I would not run it for to long/all the time that way.

And in regard to replacing the battery through the manufacturer, well if the laptop is still under warranty, then they may well replace it for a lot less than you think. Can't hurt to check. If they want a lot to do it, then if you feel comfortable doing the work yourself, you can always purchase a battery on your own. Or you can have a local tech/repair shop do the work.

Just do yourself a big favor, avoid aftermarket batteries. While aftermarket stuff is great for a lot of things, it really isn't for laptop batteries.

red808

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

Thanks for helping!:)