asus x555d screen problem on windows 10 - blue tint

danascully

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
my laptop is brand new and before, i was experiencing a too yellow tint. i removed the asus video enhancement technology program as recommended on another site but all that did was leave me with my screen, photos etc looking too blue. i have an amd graphics card and i was able to adjust it perfectly but i would lose the settings after every restart until i loaded amd again. well, now the drivers updated to crimson i believe it's called and the settings are totally gone. it's not even possible to adjust the rgb colors specifically anymore and i'm not sure what else to do at this point. i've tried color calibration but it isn't specific enough to the individual colors. any help is appreciated!

danascully

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016

thanks for the reply. i'm afraid it doesn't work, not like before the update. it just adds another layer of tint basically and makes it even worse. all my photos, webpages etc look super blue. i did a total reset of my computer and i'm back with the splendid video program so everything has the yellow tone (i'm on the normal setting too) which is slightly better than the blue, but again it throws the color of photos etc off. i haven't bothered to adjust the settings on the graphics card because once it updates again they'll disappear, and i can't get them to stick by default anyway without opening up amd every time after a reboot. very strange feature. just want a regular "happy medium" between the two.

danascully

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
yes, adjusting the gamma layers does something similar to the amd radeon settings where it adds another layer of color on top of what's already there too drastically instead of subtle to take the yellow out and have all natural colors. if this didn't affect photos so much i wouldn't worry about it but it unfortunately does, not just my own but in general. black and white photos for instance don't purely look b&w, the yellow tint is there and without the splendid option it's too blue/purple.

danascully

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016

i was thinking the same thing, especially after people said deleting the splendid video program helped them (unless they think the blue looks normal, ha!) thanks for your help.