ASUS X555L Laptop Not Charging When Plugged In

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyidk46

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
My ASUS X555L was charging overnight, and while I was on it this morning, I didn't notice my charger wasn't functioning correctly until I received a low battery message. Everything was plugged in, and everything that I've done (hold power for 15 seconds, for 60 seconds) hasn't worked. Other threads instructed to take out the battery, but I don't believe this model allows you to do so. Do I need a new battery/motherboard/charger???

Solution
Was it off or on while charging? Hibernate and sleep = on as well.

Try charging it both ways. When it is on and when it is off. If it won't charge either way, then it is probably the battery that needs replacing. Unless, of course, it won't run at all (even when plugged in) then it could be both.

Now if it will charge when off, but not when on, then it is more likely the charger that is in need of replacing.
Was it off or on while charging? Hibernate and sleep = on as well.

Try charging it both ways. When it is on and when it is off. If it won't charge either way, then it is probably the battery that needs replacing. Unless, of course, it won't run at all (even when plugged in) then it could be both.

Now if it will charge when off, but not when on, then it is more likely the charger that is in need of replacing.

Solution
Feb 25, 2018
Same problem, I just bought a new battery and the laptop only worked while the replacement had charge. Now the new and the old batteries do not take any charge. The cord works well as it can charge another laptop I have. Non of the solutions display as of today work for me, please help!
My laptop model is R554L

Mar 6, 2018

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELPPPP
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ALSO JUST NOW
MY LAPTOP IS R554L
HELP I'M STUDYING ABROAD AND DON'T HAVE INSURANCE OVERSEAS FOR THIS COMPUTER!!!

Sep 18, 2018
ok, this worked for me 3 times now on a X555L Asus with Windows 8.1 (i don't understand why it keeps going back to that annoying "not charging" status everytime i unplug the cord and plug it back in)

1. unplug the cord
2. go to Device Manager
2. under Batteries, unistall ACPI driver, then AC Adapter driver
3. go to Action>Scan for hardware changes (both drivers should reappear)
4. update both drivers (you should see that both drivers are already up to date)
5. plug in the cord

Now the status will change to "plugged in, charging"

PS: considering this laptop model lacks a detachable battery, i've kept the cord plugged in most of the time since i bought it a couple of years ago and this is the first battery issue, who knows, maybe this would be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.