Asus X555LA power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

maormizrahi

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Hello,
I have asus X555LA laptop,
My problem when the computer is working on battery status at 70 80 has flickering on the screen, the display comes and goes.
I tried to replace the battery but it did not help.
When computer is connected to the power plug and there is no problem and everything is working properly.
I'll be glad to receive your help
[video="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHCFm4D2d8&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Solution
I doubt that would be the issue. The fact that it is not happening on the external one makes me think either the cable that connects the display needs replacing or the display itself.
While the computer is connected to the charger cord...

1. Right click on the desktop and then choose "Properties".
2. Now go to "Settings", then "Advanced" and finally "Monitor".

NOTE: This may be found in a different area/different names on your computer. However, you still want to go into the "Monitor Settings", no matter how you get there.

3. Set the screen refresh rate to 50 hertz.

4. After you apply these settings, the problem should be fixed.

Also, if you are unsure of setting it to 50 hertz, check what your system is set to when you are running/connected to the battery only.

When running on battery the refresh rate is usually 50 hertz, and when on the charger cord power it will often be on 60 hertz. Hence the flickering. Making them both the same (50) should do the trick.

maormizrahi

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

Hi,
Thanks you for the answer.
I cant change refresh rate because there is only an option and it is 60hz .
What i can do ?

maormizrahi

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

Hey, I thought the battery did not provide the right power either, I changed the battery and it's still the same fault

OK. Hmm you could try updating your graphics drivers. That can cause it. Also, strange as it may sound, try moving the display (open close, but slowly) and see if the flickering occurs all the time, or only when in certain positions. If it is the latter, then the cable that connects the display may be loose, pinched or damaged.

Should even that not change anything, then I would check it using an external monitor (instructions to follow). If it doesn't happen on the external screen, then it may be the attached display itself. If it does happen, even on the external screen, then your graphics card/GPU is the problem.

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

maormizrahi

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

hey.
I've updated the driver but it did not help.
When I connect to this external monitor it works. (The monitor works in the computer screen turned off)
External Monitor I have no problem not using the battery or using the power supply.
I tried to slowly lower the screen to check with it that a binding problem is not.
I also opened the computer and the plug of the screen is well connected.
Is there any voltage stabilizer on the computer? Could there be a tension problem?
Thanks for the help

May 2, 2019
Hello,
I have asus X555LA laptop,
My problem when the computer is working on battery status at 70 80 has flickering on the screen, the display comes and goes.
I tried to replace the battery but it did not help.
When computer is connected to the power plug and there is no problem and everything is working properly.
I'll be glad to receive your help
[video="[MEDIA=youtube]4IHCFm4D2d8[/MEDIA]
[i][size=2][url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHCFm4D2d8&feature=youtu.be]View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHCFm4D2d8&feature=youtu.be[/url][/size][/i]
"][/video]

Hi, friend I'm sorry, I'm presenting this same problem. You solved? Thanks in advance.

May 2, 2019
This is a very old thread. I would suggest you start your own new thread and see if you can get any assistance that way rather than posting on such an old one.

But, I just need to know that if they solved, right now I have the problem. could you be so kind to help me .... Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.