Question ASUS Zenbook flip won't wake form sleep with touchpad

Nov 22, 2019
I have an ASUS Zenbook flip and I cannot get it to wake from sleep when the touchpad is clicked. In device manager, there is no power management tab for the Asus precision pointing device. I have updated the driver, and I have tried uninstalling the touchpad and letting windows reinstall it, but still no luck. What do I need to do to fix this?

Are you sure it is actually sleeping and not hibernating? That can lead to that not working.
If it is hibernate then I would suggest changing it to sleep.

However, if that does not resolve it, I have to ask if it has ever allowed you to use the touchpad to wake it or not? Some devices do not allow for the touchpad to wake it due to it being so easy for it to be touched/hit with something. They require a key be pressed.

Do let me know.

Nov 22, 2019
Yes, it's definitely sleeping and not hibernating. It wakes up with a keyboard press or an external mouse, and even the fingerprint sensor, just not the touchpad. I just got it a few days ago and I don't think it has ever worked with the touchpad.

Then it is likely not set up to wake from the touchpad. I don't know of a way to change that. I have heard of 'some' devices allowing for a change in BIOS, but I have never seen it myself.

It may well be you are going to have to use a key.

Anyone else out there have any suggestions?