Asus Zenbook Over Heating

osamaprime13

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
hi

i recently bought asus zenbook pro ux501jw, and its pretty weak compare to my brothers omen 15 with same GPU (gtx 960m, tho mines 4gigs and also 12gb ram better than his 8gb) and to all the same laptops online, (if hes getting 50 fps i get 25 and if hes getting 40fps then mines 20)(furk mark benchmark is same thing , he gets 18avg fps on battery with 4k preset and i get only 12avg fps ) whys that?

i have a theory that it over heats and throttles, cuz standby temprature of cpu is 55-60c, and when i start playing games on it both cpu and gpu goes up to 80c , when i start playing the fps will drop over time , if its 50 then itll drop to 25 over time, in like 5min, so the initial fps and same as other same laptops but that final fps are shit

and the third thing, this laptop dosent even have fan controller so i can set it maximum rpms, i tried many rd party apps but nothing worked

please solve my problem because i wasted 800$ on this thing and the seller wont re buy it and last thing im from paskitan so there are no asus repair shops

thanks

Lutfij

Splendid
We know of your laptop's make and model/SKU but we're in the unknown of your brother's laptop. Given that the Zenbook is more of a lower profile, I'm certain that the games you're playing are with high details which is asking a lot from the unit and thus leading to a thermal throttling scenario. Speaking of which, what gaming titles are we talking about?

osamaprime13

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

its hp omen notebook with 960m 2gigs and 8gb ram

i tested far cry 4, on mid its 21fps compare to his 44 and on ultra its only 12 compare to his 28fps