Asus Zenbook UX303la not booting

rabidrabbit

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
hello, all.

here is my situation. I have a zenbook ux303la that had a broken hinge. I opened it up replaced the back panel behind the screen that holds the hinge and put it back together. now it does not turn on. what's weirder is that the f2 key that also is airplane mode blinks once when I plug in the charger then stays lit and that's it. it does not post or do anything else. the charging led is solid orange showing it is charging and that is it. I have removed the battery and cmos then held the power button for 30 sec and still nothing.

any help would be greatly appriecated as I have found noone else it seems with this issue.

OK, first suspicion, you bummed some tinny cable(s).

What I would do (suspect) is, laptop boots, but screen dead (why because screen cable goes through the hinge), at boot, I would intently watch the HD activity light, does it flash like it normally does? If so, IS BOOTING but screen is bad, look for the screen cable.

If that's not it, nevertheless, because I have disassembled many many small electronics, AJAR CABLES. Hopefully you didn't severe any.

rabidrabbit

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Thanks for your reply jsmithepa

i have checked all the cables and nothing appears ajar. i have gone ahead an reseated them all just to be safe. i have plugged in an external display and attempted to boot as well with no result. no lights happen at all by the HDD(SSD in this case) indicator. the only lights that come on at all are the f2/airplane mode light and the battery status light which shows charging. in additional the CPU heat pipe warms not but the fan does not turn on. it can spin freely but does not

The manual precisely tells you to do this to reset CMOS? That would be the only other thing I would know what to do. Well I would give it a vacuum, nothing to lose right. That's all I got.

rabidrabbit

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
sadly this has also been done. kind of fear the worst but i would like to know why this f2 light is on and blinks at start. i feel like if i knew that i would know where to look besides blank stares at the MOBO