Asus zenbook ux305 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saminho19

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
My zenbook was not able to wake up after going to sleep mode. I found following link (https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1016000/), applied changes but nothing.

Right now it won't even start up again. When trying to start the laptop, the power key, Caps Lock and F2 key light up but nothing else happens.
In the beginning it would start up after completely draining the battery but even that won't do it any more. I've tried following options but nothing worked:
- Hard reset (keep power button pressed for 30 sec)
- Remove battery and apply hard reset
- Checked for any loose cables on the inside (everything looks will attached)

I have no idea what other option I have available. Does someone else have the same issue and managed to rectify it? If so, how? All answers more than appreciated!

Reactions: rid1m

Saminho19

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is he same when using battery or connecting with cord so I don't think that's the issue (I honestly do not have another charger to try). I bought it in Canada but live in the Caribbean so sending it over the the manufacturer is prob going to be the same price as buying a new one.....

Saminho19

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

Hey. Yes I have it fixed. Actually it fixed itself. Previously the laptop would try to update and during the update process it would block and become useless (I think because uplate process took too long). Just before deciding to throw it away I gave it one last shot and it actually updated completely. Since then (with changes applied as in link I posted) it had been running as it should.

Bartholomew_2

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

For the past six weeks my ux305 has been in the same state as you've described. I bought a new AC adapter hoping that would fix it. I've removed the battery and checked all cables to the motherboard (multiple times). I was, once, able to hard reset it with the battery disconnected and just AC power. Laptop worked normally for a week or so and then, poof, bricked again.

How were you able to get the laptop to fully update? My laptop doesn't even seem to do a boot cycle, just the 3 LEDs illuminate for 4 seconds and then off. I cannot seem to create a broader functionality.

Saminho19

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017

That's exactly what it did to me. I had the 3 lights that illuminated n that was it. If it had charge I had to let it drain itself, wait 2 days and try again. Then it would work for about 5-10min before going dark again. Within those 5-10min I had it to update and had to repeat the entire process about 4-5 times before it managed to fully update. After that it worked as normal.

Bartholomew_2

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

I'm not sure how i'm going to be able to bleed the battery completely dry as nothing i do can seem to force it to wake up and consume energy. These fanless, solid state computers are charmingly quiet. As i cannot wake the computer up with the battery detached and merely on AC power i'm tempted to believe the battery is not actually part of the problem and thus wont be part of the solution.

This is a confusing riddle, Asus has really screwed the pooch with this ultrabook it seems.

yahalome

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
This worked for me after long struggle.
Press the right Shift button while powering the laptop. It might not work for the first time but try few times (try pressing the shift for longer time etc, not sure what did the trick)
Mine started and stopped and again I restarted it with the shift and windows almost started and failed.
What made in the end a difference is that in one of the startups (using the shift) I went into the bios and saved and exit.
Somehow the laptop went to windows repair and from there to a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.