Asus Zenpad S 8.0 issues

BobC_1254

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hello:
I have an Asus Zenpad S 8.0 and simply CANNOT get any answers as to how and why I cannot switch my storage options/settings to my Micro SD card. I cannot find any of the music that I transferred from my Windows Media Player on my computer onto the tablet. And the file manager shows that it's there (somewhere) but it doesn't show up in the Asus Music app player. The options in the storage say internal Sd card storage and the external. But NO option/settings to make one or the other the default. I'm either dumber than a box of rocks or just don't see any settings to make the player recognize the music that I'm downloading and transferring. I've written Asus 3-4 times and get all sorts of plain answers that tell me little. The on board "instruction manual" in the tablet is pitiful to say the least. I am losing it as I've tried using their file manager. Tried using the Asus support forums. Tried everything that I can see on the tablet. Please can ANYONE help me? Thanks

Solution
Well in regard to the internal/external for the SD Card, you kind of have to make that change prior to putting anything on the card. I say that because if you already place something on the card, and then choose to set it as internal, it will wipe all that you had on the card when it formats it to work that way.

As to the music not showing in the app, does the app, in its settings, give you the option to choose the source that the files are being viewed from? (Some apps do, some don't.)

Last thing, the folder you put them in will make a huge difference on where you see them on the device. You should be able to put them in a folder you create, as long as the folder is set to be there right after you click on the SD card choice (vs the...
Well in regard to the internal/external for the SD Card, you kind of have to make that change prior to putting anything on the card. I say that because if you already place something on the card, and then choose to set it as internal, it will wipe all that you had on the card when it formats it to work that way.

As to the music not showing in the app, does the app, in its settings, give you the option to choose the source that the files are being viewed from? (Some apps do, some don't.)

Last thing, the folder you put them in will make a huge difference on where you see them on the device. You should be able to put them in a folder you create, as long as the folder is set to be there right after you click on the SD card choice (vs the device/tablet option). Don't put the files in any of the directories that are already placed on the card (by apps, not by you). The app should then read them and show them in your music list. If they still aren't, and you made sure to put them in the correct directory/folder, it may be the app that has the problem. You might want to try using a different music app to see if it works then. I know it should work with Google Play.

Solution