ASUS ZX53VW laptop keyboard issues

Dec 14, 2018
So I got ASUS ZX53VW laptop. When I got it, the keyboard started playing up I couldn’t use “ASDFWZXC” keys so I replaced the keyboard. I brought the keyboard from Ebay and it worked. This was 12 months ago, After I replaced the keyboard I looked after it very well to make sure I didn’t damage the keys or press it again something. I could FPS games on it and do everything, no issues.

But yesterday when I finished using, I closed the laptop and now the
Numpad numbers don’t work
The numbers at the top don’t work, evetime I press any numbers it goes to the symbol
Some how the mouse just highlights everything
It goes to auto caps and I have to uncap it
Even when trying to log into windows with my pin using the onscreen keyboard would not accept the num pad keys

What I have done so far
Reset windows
Installed and uninstalled and installed drivers including drivers from ASUS website
Have used an external keyboard and mouse
Had quick luck using the numpad after I pressed FN and Num Lock to quickly enter pin to enter account and then it stops working
Played around with the toggle keyboard settings
Used Airbrush under the keys to see if anything was stuck

I am running windows 10 and have pretty much reset so its like new windows. The FN special keys work. I think all the keys do work but somehow the num keys aren’t being recognised.

Any suggestions or what can I do?

Solution
Just to be sure you know how it usually should work:
Pressing the NUM LK/ SCR LK key once, it will enable scroll lock.
If pressed using the FN + NUM LK/SCR LK key, it should toggle between numbers and arrows.

Which symbols are shown if you press which key?

Is the BIOS version 306 currently installed?

Maybe the flex cable of the keyboard has moved a bit out of it´s position or the keyboard is really damaged.

Try booting with Ubuntu live. If it´s the same there, it should be something hardware related.
Dec 14, 2018

Didn't work. Updated ATK, chipset and bios.

Dec 14, 2018

I have reinstalled windows and the same issue happens. I have tried what you said but doesn't work. Funny thing the keys still work as I can use 2,4,6,8 and it will move into that direction, and if I press num lock and try again it starts highlighting.

The top number keys still bring up symbols. I have never faced anything like this and for this to happen after running normally and the next to do this is very strange.

Just to be sure you know how it usually should work:
Pressing the NUM LK/ SCR LK key once, it will enable scroll lock.
If pressed using the FN + NUM LK/SCR LK key, it should toggle between numbers and arrows.

Which symbols are shown if you press which key?

Is the BIOS version 306 currently installed?

Maybe the flex cable of the keyboard has moved a bit out of it´s position or the keyboard is really damaged.

Try booting with Ubuntu live. If it´s the same there, it should be something hardware related.

Solution
Dec 14, 2018

The above has worked. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.