AT&T Confirms Gingerbread Updates for Full 2011 Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
It took FOREVER to get 2.2 (stock) on AT&T as I bought the Captivate 2 weeks after it came out. I got tired of waiting and loaded a custom ROM. SO MUCH better.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Do the 200MB and 2GB data plans for the AT&T network apply to OTA phone updates? It could be kind of shady if they did...here's a "free phone update," but then they get you if it puts you over your limit. But not that the update is a large chunk of data, of course you can avoid altogether by just doing it Wi-Fi.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Installed on my Atrix 4G over WiFi. It took a bit, but went fine. Seems a tad bit less fluid than the previous OS. I like the changes overall however. Battery life has also improved.

G

To be clear, these OTA insist on being connected to WiFi before they start, and for an update this large, it might pause until it's connected to wifi again, (not sure, i just let it update on wifi on my Atrix) Smooth as can be expected for this type of stuff.. took about a half hour total including the download.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
I'm curious as to why the Evo wasn't on that list. There has been a lot of Gingerbread based ROM's out for the Evo (and Thunderbolt).

The download for a 4G phone (lte at least), takes about 2-5 mins, as I downloaded a version yesterday. That said, Gingerbread isn't much different than Froyo is. There are a few minor changes.

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]I'm curious as to why the Evo wasn't on that list. There has been a lot of Gingerbread based ROM's out for the Evo (and Thunderbolt).The download for a 4G phone (lte at least), takes about 2-5 mins, as I downloaded a version yesterday. That said, Gingerbread isn't much different than Froyo is. There are a few minor changes.[/citation]

Isn't the Evo on Sprint? This is an article about AT&T based phones.

G

[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]I'm curious as to why the Evo wasn't on that list. There has been a lot of Gingerbread based ROM's out for the Evo (and Thunderbolt).[/citation]

EVO is for Sprint. The Inspire 4G is AT&T's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.