AT&T Customers Still Very Unhappy With Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Why must GSM carriers suck.

I like asian markets better. Buy whatever phone you want, plug the SIM of any carrier you want.

Done. No carrier 'locks', no contracts. EASY.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Why must GSM carriers suck.I like asian markets better. Buy whatever phone you want, plug the SIM of any carrier you want.Done. No carrier 'locks', no contracts. EASY.[/citation]
yeah but people are short sighted and want things immediately omg 200 dollars off my super smart phone if i just sign this 2 year contract! okay!

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I have AT&T. I occasionally have dropped calls but the biggest problem is poor signal in so many areas, and I live in a pretty big city. Plus my super expensive smartphone and super expensive data plan are so useless in so many areas.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]yeah but people are short sighted and want things immediately omg 200 dollars off my super smart phone if i just sign this 2 year contract! okay![/citation]

That's pretty much it, I think. I for one want to have a Hong Kong-style mobile market burnley14 described.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Why must GSM carriers suck.I like asian markets better. Buy whatever phone you want, plug the SIM of any carrier you want.Done. No carrier 'locks', no contracts. EASY.[/citation]

Hmm, I like that!

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008

The problem with this model is that it would never fly in this country. I too would love to have this and pay month to month but good luck getting people to pay full price for their phones. In addition the network providers would take a big hit in their wallets due to the fact that no one is on contract any longer, although it might inspire AT&T anyways to improve their network. I am soooo glad I don't have their lousy service any longer.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Been with at&t for ever and drop calls haven't been a problem for me. I bet there is a direct correlation between the number of iphone users and the number drop calls that have occurred since its release.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
The service is good and decent for me and where I live. The rollover minutes more then make up for the slightly overpriced phone plans with less minutes as offered by other carriers. Only thing that is complete BULLSHIT and I emphasize that with justification, is their BlackBerry and data plans. Caps not with standing, AT&T charges on average $20-$30 extra for BlackBerry plans vs T-Mobile. Where is that extra money going? Yup in the pockets is where. AT&T (as well as the others mind you) know they are making a killing off overusage charges with SMS/MMS text messages and I figure owing what AT&T considers a "Luxury Item" allows them to charge more for the same service as other providers for BB users.

Paying $50 for the lowest phone plan and another $50 for unlimited Internet and Texting is just ridiculous especially when its only $30 everywhere else. Even the iPhones data plan is $30, what gives, seriously AT&T.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I've had AT&T for 6 years now (since Cingular), and as far as dropped calls, I maybe have once a year!! But then again I have like 2000 roll over minutes because I hardly ever talk on the phone. As far as service, it's a meh like 3/5 meh. I am still with AT&T for thr iPhone (I renewed my contract last November for 2 years). So when my contract ends, I'm going to the carrier who has atom processors in their phones :) and sprint cause it's 70/month for unlimted everything where I pay 94.50 for 450 mins us unlimted data and text

B16CXHatch

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
When I moved to attend my university, I couldn't hold a call on AT&T for more than 45 seconds. The signal bar constantly went up and down, even while standing still. I went to an AT&T store to ask what was up and all I got was bullshit excuses.

My parents pay for my cell phone and AT&T suddenly jacked the price on my dad. His work offered discounts on Verizon so now I have a Verizon phone with a much better plan. I never lose calls or anything. The only bummer is I lose the ability to easily switch phones.

matm347

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
It's all about the $$, why spend it if you aren't forced too, especially when so many people with the FCC are on at&t's payroll. Having what is basically a bi-opoly in the telecom business, no wonder we have lag behind so much when compared to other developed countries.

matm347

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
It's all about the $$, why spend it if you aren't forced too, especially when so many people with the FCC are on at&t's payroll. Having what is basically a bi-opoly in the telecom business, no wonder we have lag behind so much when compared to other developed countries.

G

I've been an AT&T customer for about 10 years now and got an iPhone 3GS soon after it was released. It has been very surprising to me to read these complaints as my AT&T experience has, with very few exceptions, been great. Perhaps the issues are related to geographic location. When people note their problems it might be helpful to identify the cities where they're having issues.
I live in suburban St Louis and make frequent trips to Indianapolis. My service is largely flawless.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I second that the customer service reps are great, but what AT&T does not get is that their plans are horrible and no body wants a contract.

And while this is not "At&T's" fault, but if I can buy a netbook and a magic jack for $399 total with no contract, there is no way that the phone manufactures can claim a crazy MSRP with out a contract for a cell phone.

the netbook has 3 times the manufacturing cost than a cell phone. that means an Iphone is retail value to a customer is maybe $150, not $699 same for black hairy, and the like

zjuice

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
I recently left att because of customer service and they plans were way too much. I went with t-mobile even more plus plan (No Contract, cheaper, and I buy the phone I want) t-mobile customers service has been great so far and if they do piss me off I can go find a different carrier.

kindlepower

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
ATT has been fine for me compared to the other carriers I've had bad problems with. They are no worse than any of the others. I've had a bunch of phones, but the best so far is the ATT Tilt. I have a fuze now, but the kids still have Tilt's and the wife has a flip phone 3100 I think. These have all been great and are about 3 or more years old except for the fuze that is about a year old.
I bet ATT can find a chart that looks just like this with ATT looking good. Tom's is just another marketing outlet so I would take it all with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.