AT&T Halts iPhone 4 Orders as eBay Prices Hit $5K

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Maybe those bidding 5k are just trolling.

Happens here in Mx, that POS goes for 20k MXP (1500 USD)but the ones bidding are usually trolls who have neg reps

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Agree on WTF is the world coming to. But the iPhone4 is hardly outdated and underwhelming. It is by far the most advanced phone in the world today. Too bad about being stuck with AT&T here in the US though. And anyhow, what do you care? This all doesn't affect you in the slightest if you don't want one. This is Capitalism at work - people paying the price they're willing to pay for goods and/or services.[/citation]

lol really? BY FAR the most advanced phone? IN THE WORLD?? and what is the HTC EVO 4G? at very least, seeing as how it has 4G and the iphone doesn't, at being A PHONE it pwns the iphone 4!

the thing I hate THE MOST about iphone fanboys is that they HAVEN'T SHOPPED AROUND! sure SOME of them have, and have legitimate reasons for choosing the iphone, but MOST have only chosen the iphone because it was the one advertised the most! which would be fine if iphone fanboys weren't complete arrogant ****s about it! most of them only think there are dumbphones, and the iphone. they don't even realize that smart phone is A CATEGORY filled with competition! the number of times I've had this exchange:

"why do you want the next iphone?"
"because its just the best phone evar!"
"but have you tried any by HTC?"
"what's HTC??"
"..."

yes, I get it! you came from a Nokia 3310 and went to the iphone. so indeed, yes! it IS the best phone you've ever used! but that doesn't mean there aren't better ones out there!

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
[citation][nom]gregor[/nom]Ahh but put an apple logo on it and call it an iTurd and watch the bids fly[/citation]
totally epic comment!
+1

megafreak

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Are these people completely out of touch with reality? (they obviously are lol) Nothing worth so much when you can get the same thing a week or two later and which will be replaced within a year.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]ordered my 16gb iPhone 4 for the suggested retail price of $200 through our company's at&t rep (were on a business account so i had to). i agree with everyone (for once) that if you can't wait 3 weeks and you'd drop $5,000 on a phone then you sir are a retard.[/citation]
Unless u're filthy rich..

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Agree on WTF is the world coming to. But the iPhone4 is hardly outdated and underwhelming. It is by far the most advanced phone in the world today. Too bad about being stuck with AT&T here in the US though. And anyhow, what do you care? This all doesn't affect you in the slightest if you don't want one. This is Capitalism at work - people paying the price they're willing to pay for goods and/or services.[/citation]

I'm glad I don't live in your world dude, that is some serious delusion. :-/ Back here on Earth the Evo 4G (which doesn't stand for 4th gen but I'm sure in your world this has no meaning) is the most advanced phone followed by several other android models and then the Iphone 4.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
@littlec

Actually, 4G does means 4th generation. It's just that it's refering to 4th generation cellular technology (wimax in this case), not the 4th iteration of a phone.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Not being funny but i prefer Android to Iphone OS things, i find its a lot less... patronising.

Oh well, the 4G will be a raving success im sure but im good with my X10 thank you.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]WTF is the world coming to? Who can't wait a week for a god damn phone? Let alone the outdated and underwhelming iPhone![/citation]

Please explain how this phone is "outdated."

You're just another Apple-Hating moron that does nothing but bash Apple products regardless of their innovative technology.

Show me a screen that is better than the iPhone4.

Show a phone that does better low light pictures.

Show me a phone with an accurate gyroscope built in.

Show me a phone that uses the stainless steel construction as a unibody antennae design with glass both front and back.

Show me a phone that is thinner and has better battery life.

In case you didn't notice ... the list goes on and on. So to sit there and say that it is an "underwhelming" or "outdated" is just plain facking ridiculous. Use your head.

unrealtard

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
After seven hours of hopping between the AT&T site and the Apple site, got my iPhone 4 32gb pre-order confirmed on the AT&T site at 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday. Tried to order a second one for my son till 5:30 without success. Ordered his via the Apple site on Wednesday for shipment on June 14th.

What a mess!

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Im dissapointed with the new iphone 4, Ive had AT&T for 7 years and never had trouble and 2 iphones later this makes me ill along with all the pre order problems. Another reason I'm switching to Verizon and the 4.3 inch screen Droid X coming next month.[/citation]

LOL! What happened to "iPhones are the greatest thing ever", "Android sucks", "my 32GB iPhone 3GS is better than any other phone in existence" and so on and so forth you use to ramble on and on about?

Though, I do have to admit, it is nice to see you change your tune.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Un-freaking-believable. $5000 for a phone that has only the interface going for it. This is what the Mayans meant when the world is coming to an end in 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies.