AT&T Responds to iPhone Flashmob's Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
This is akin to how telecom's build their landlines service. If everyone were to pick their phones up at the same time and make a call then it would crash their systems as well.. They are attempting to build the internet in the same way and they've realized people actually use their connections..

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Admittedly, there are... some parallels between this action and a DDoS. Is there grounds for AT&T to use such an event as grounds for litigation? That's what I'd be worried about.

jrsdav

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Use a data intensive App? I (try to) do that all day, every day. No sense in not attempting to get my money's worth, so I'll be inadvertently participating. I like the idea though, AT&T needs to address their network issues. What they are proposing as a solution is just plain criminal.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Let's go buy shovels at Home Depot and dig a giant crater in the interstate just to prove that we can bring DOT to it's knees any time we like!

Ha! That'll teach 'em... er... us.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Well, the Department of Defense and several other federal departments have service with AT&T. I'll bet if it happens there will be a big federal investigation and somebody gets jail time.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Wow, he managed to submit his "stupid idea of the year" two weeks before the year is out. I have always thought it will take till 2010 for him to come up with it.

BTW, this fake Steve should be skinned alive for suggesting a terrorist attack on this country.

rean24

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]BTW, this fake Steve should be skinned alive for suggesting a terrorist attack on this country.[/citation]

People hold this sort of things , mass rally/picketing/strike/slow down, all over the world to air there concern. I guess sometime this sort of things are needed to show companies that the people who they are giving service who pays for them , they have a right to say and take action if required.

And on a side not , i dont think this is illegal.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I think it is a great idea.
I threaten to fine users for using your service EXACTLY as you market it is pure hubris. We pay for unlimited data plans. In fact, AT&T REQUIRES us to have that plan. There is no choice. F$%# AT&T and their sh$ty business model and lousy planning and execution of networks. I hope their whole infrastructure crashes. It is about time that the world see that their marketing front is just that. A FRONT. The reality of their capabilities and poor infrastructure should be pointed out for all. Consider me logged on and participating on game day.

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
lol this was on G4 yesterday...

They talked how one person sending a text message could crash the network and AT&T will blame it on the Flashmob. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS