AT&T Reveals PlayStation Vita Data Pricing, US Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Or just get the wifi model and buy a mobile hotspot plan from clear and get 4G data for $35 unlimited a month. Maybe use that for your laptop and home usage too?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Ehh -.- Data plans and all this junk for a console?
I think I would just stick with the WiFi model and tether it to my phone if I needed internet for it.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
So, you pay $50 extra so you can pay $25 a month for a horrible data plan? I hope those numbers are incorrect, but I doubt they are. Watching a handful of youtube videos and just a little online gaming will eat through 2GB in no time.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
you know I thought this was a, can't say the word I want, complete joke when I first heard AT&T got it. But then I look at these plans, they really aren't that bad, considering I was thinking this would cost close to $50-$100 for the same amount.

These are also the contract, so it's kind of like buying one of those prepaid cards. If rollovers offered, I could see reason why not to get a 3G version. I have over 50Mbit download and 5mbit upload and a wifi in the home, so I don't need 3G there. Let's say have to visit a relative, or worse yet I have to go far far away from normal technology, I still get a signal just a Wi-Fi. I could see shelling out $15-$25 so I could use the Internet. Granted I wouldn't be streaming movies, I can keep in touch with every website a visit probably for full month on the 250 MB plan, if they allow some kind of ad/image/flash block.

keep in mind this is pretty much for emergencies only.

G

2 GB per month for $25? so you pay $25 per month even through you only use 2mb and there will still nothing be leave over the next month. I will love it more if it is $25 for 2GB could be inactive in a year.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
wonder how many times people are paying for the same amount on bandwidth.

Unless ofcourse you're using your phone at the same time as your PS, at the same time as your other devices.

Mobile plans should be on a per person basis (2gb over all devices, unlimited over all devices etc).

It's just getting rediculous. Data plans are just a scam

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
hopefully sony gets their ass kicked for pricing the psv over $200 and nearly $300 for the 3g version. they should really really take some lessons from nintendo 3ds. sell psv for $170~ and make more profit from games and other contents.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
From the price of the console itself, the extremely high memory card prices, the price of the games, and to top it off the data plans this little handheld is going to cost the consumer a fortune. Lets take just the first year alone.

$300 for the handheld
$100 for the 32GB memory card.
15 or 25 X 12 data $180 or $300
40 x 6 for games $240(6 games is realistic and prices seem to be 30-50 so 40 is the average)

So just the first year alone it would easily cost $820 to $940. The following years would be likely cheaper for the consumer but if the average games purchased is maintained at 6 this would mean each following year the consumer with a data plan would pay $420 to $540 a year.

Is a handheld really worth that much money to invest in?

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
I def won't be buying one in the UK, if it's costing that much in the US then it'll cost the same in £'s if not more, good old rip off britain, where consumers wallets have 50 credit card slots & companies get away with robbing consumers,

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"2 GB per month for $25"

So watching a DVD quality movie would cost you over $50 ?

This so reminds me so of early phone/dialup per minute and website $ per hit charges.
I'm sure it will eventually go the way of the dodo.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
It's going to be the PS3 launch all over again. Everyone kind of wants one, because hey, it really is the most powerful device in its class. But that price tag...

I'm guessing most people are looking at this and saying "300 bucks? Screw that, I'll just keep gaming on my smartphone."

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
What has this world come to? 30 years ago, three major networks broadcast their content over the airwaves and it was free. It was supported by the advertisers. Now, you have to pay for the data, pay for the content, and yet there are still boocoo advertisements. These carriers must be making money hand over fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS